Monday, June 8, 2009

Monster Weekend Post.....

Here is the food I snapped over the weekend. I had alot of fun working and hanging out with friends!

Friday's mid-morning yogurt and Diet Coke...
Friday's lunch didn't get snapped....I went out and forgot the camera! But, it was a Which Which sandwich (turkey on wheat with cheddar, mustard, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a bag of Sun Chips with a Diet Coke).

Friday's afternoon snack...Kashi is one of my favorite brands ever!!!

Friday's dinner....a simple salad (coleslaw mix with Annie's gingerly vinaigrette) and Annie's mac and cheese mixed with peas, salsa, and canned chicken with 2 squares of Ghiradelli Twilight love...


Saturday's breakfast....I heart oat bran! Its my new fave thing to eat in the mornings! I had it with a banana and sliced almonds mixed in and a yogurt. This meal will look familiar, as I have it alot these days!


Saturday's lunch...I packed it before I went to work. I had a turkey and provolone cheese sandwich with hummus and carrots and an applesauce. I had a kashi TLC baked bar for snack in the middle of the afternoon! The hummus and applesauce got cut out of the picture....oops! My photography skills are lacking.


Saturday's dinner...the camera ate my pictures. I went to Rockaway's...a fab burger joint. I got the famous pimento cheeseburger and ate every delicious bite of it! I may or may not have split a basket of fries AND a basket of hush puppies with my burger....they were fantastic and so worth the splurge.

Sunday's breakfast...I tried to go back to the basics...once again, I called on oat bran to make it right (and to try to cleanse my body from the splurge the previous night). I wasn't hungry, but knew I needed to eat something....I mixed my bran with craisins and almonds and also had a yogurt (see, I told you I was a creature of habit)



Sunday's lunch...I still wasn't hungry, so I honored that. I just wanted something quick, so I had a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Not the most balanced meal ever, but it hit the spot.Sunday's dinner got eaten by this camera as well... it was Moe's. Picture a salad....shredded lettuce topped with grilled chicken, grilled onions and peppers, salsa, and guacamole. I tried to make Mexican healthier...and I think I succeeded!

It was a busy weekend, but very good. Ever notice how weekends your eating is all out of whack? Late mornings, get togethers, etc...I'm still learning how to balance splurges with eating in moderation (whatever that means...I'm definitely an all or nothing type thinker and really trying to change that). I would love to splurge all of time, but its just not the healthiest thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment