Friday, June 5, 2009

Trying My Hand at this Blogging Thing....

I've wanted to blog for a while. Initially, it was to keep myself on track with my meals, but now I want to expand that and keep track of my life and goals too! I've gained so many wonderful food ideas and "friends" from reading these blogs and want to share my life with you. I love to exercise, eat, spin, shop, cook, etc but I want to do so much with my life I don't know where to begin. So, I'll start with the food intake and then expound from there!

My dinner last night consisted of whatever I could find in the freezer and fridge. I'm in the process of moving (just bought my first house!) and am trying to use up what I have so I won't have so much to lug over. It was also a tiring day (my first day teaching spin class after a two week long battle with a nasty sinus/ear infection), so I wanted something quick. That is a constant theme for my meals these days....simple and quick and healthy!


While my picture isn't great (still trying to work out the kinks), here's what I had: leftover coleslaw mix topped with Annie's Lite Gingerly Vinagrette, couscous (Near East Toasted Pine Nut) mixed with mixed veggies, and a Morningstar Farms tomato basil and pizza burger. It was simple, quick, and just what I needed!
I also had two squares of my favorite chocolate....I think I love it because it reminds me of my favorite movie.....and I already ate one before I remembered to snap it...oops...I really needed my chocolate fix!


Its Ghiradelli's Twilight Delight 72% Dark Chocolate. Recently, I've become a chocolate snob and love me some dark chocolate. I'd love to learn how to "taste" the chocolate and really distinguish the flavors....anyone have any suggestions on where I need to go?

Anyways, this morning I had something super quick: Two toasted kashi go lean blueberry waffles and a mixture of 1 mini box of raisins and 2 tbsp peanut butter. Simple, quick, and satisfying!


Okay, off to get some work done now....but, thanks for checking out my site! I'll try to post as regularly as possible....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment